ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:38:25 -0400
You are my long lost brother! A fellow hater of bu first and unh second, then the rest!

> [log in to unmask] 04/11/03 09:12AM >>>
I root for UMaine first, whomever is playing BU next and whomever is playing UNH after that... the thought of having to see Mike Ayers' mother featured with her damn little dog that she sneaks into the arena makes me glad the NHL playoffs are in session so at least there will be something else on to watch.  Besides watching Paul and the Ducks as well as Garth and the Isles, I get to watch Eric Weinrich and my hometown Flyers. Besides, while we lost to the Gophers in last year's heartbreaker, we did beat them in an other historic game I was fortunate to see in person.  At Lake Placid in 1988 at UMaine first Frozen Four appearance.  After losing 6-3 to Lake St, UMaine beat Minn 5-2 in the last NCAA consolation game played and thus became the last team to get 3rd in the Finals.  One of my favorite memories of that game was during an intermission when Bananas skated up behind their mascot, yanked the Gopher's tail off and tossed it into the empty net for a goal. kenUMaine '89

"Chesley, Clair" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Ok so now who do we root for? I'm really curious about what the consensus
on this will be on here today.

I guess I'm looking at it as Hockey East vs. the orange ground hogs who I
really don't like much.

This kind of sticks in my throat a bit, but GO WILDCATS! I'm sure I'll like
them better as the game progresses.... And besides UNH is the better team I
think.

Anybody else out there pulling for the Hockey East team?

It should be a good hockey game whoever wins. And it could be a great game!