ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 11:32:49 -0400
David Wollstadt did a super job on the latest newsletter! He incorporated
the program of the Annual Awards Banquet into the most recent newsletter for
distribution to those in attendance last Friday night and it will be mailed
out very shortly to all Friends members.

I appreciate all the support and nice comments that Wayne, and others, have
made on this listserver in my behalf. Since I started doing the website I
have met many wonderful fans and supports of Maine Hockey. I was truly
surprised and honored to be awarded the Friends of Maine Hockey's Volunteer
of the Year Award. It is really so easy to volunteer for this program!
Everybody associated with the hockey team, from the coaching staff, to the
support staff, the players and rabid fans make volunteering such a rewarding
and fun experience. I strongly recommend that if you have an interest in
helping the program give Cathy Hart a call and volunteer! It will be worth
your time.

The Captains of this year's team were the ones to recommend that the entire
student body be awarded The Madeline Bacon Spirit Award. I guess putting the
students and the Pep Band up in the balcony made a real impact on the team.