ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:06:42 EST
MathyM wrote, in part..
>i know that is is kinda of a hard decision to make by a coach....but
>does anyone else think that it was wrong for walsh to pull morrison
>from the game tonight...

I don't think it was wrong.  With a couple of "soft" goals and team
defense not what it usually has been this year, you might have predicted
it.  In fact, I mentioned to an NU dad that an NU Coach Walsh might well
have pulled their goalie Friday night after the 1st period and don't be
surprised to see Morrison pulled.  *I* wouldn't have pulled Morrison,
but then I'm not behind the bench and ...  I thought SteveK's non-goal
went in!  Perhaps

>alternative left...he couldn't pull alfie and put someone else in...

Why not switch back to Morrison?   :-)

>i just think that keeping morrison in would have benefited the whole
>outcome of the game..morrison works well under pressure and he deserves
>a shot to prove himself to the fans at umaine.....

Morrison did pretty well in his first start, didn't he? :-)

And I'll kneel down to anyone that could have predicted that
out-of-character (for both teams) 7-7 game!

Enough of those Sunday afternoon games, please.  Maybe it will help in
the playoffs, but with relatively few fans and so much scoring out of
two defensive clubs ...

I liked SteveK's quote in the BDN today.  Something like "We should have
won that game ...  we were lucky to tie that game".

How true

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3