From:
Mary Anne Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Anne Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:30:56 -0500
1. We just finished our stats for the past year and see that our numbers for attendance at summer reading program were down.  We seem to do much of the same type of programs as other libraries, but are wondering if there are just so many summer activities (mostly many many summer sports leagues now) that we should expect lower numbers.  We have often done our programs on Saturday mornings, but are wondering if we need to change that -- what time of day, and what day of the week do other libraries schedule for this?

2. In very recent years (the last two years), our younger readers (middle school and high school) are not coming in, though we have a nice collection of current YA books, public access computers, and work with the school libraries regarding KVBA and MSBA reading.  Anyone else seeing lower numbers?  Because we are a very small library and aren't open many hours, it is hard to schedule convenient times for programming for this age group, but we'd like to hear ideas from other rural small libraries about this.

Thanks so much,
Mary Anne Libby, Lib Asst.
Dr. Shaw Memorial Library
Mt. Vernon, ME