From:
Millie Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Millie Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2013 07:49:47 -0400
In this time when the relevancy of libraries is being questioned from so
many sides, the question about library degrees is troubling.  Yes, many
people do a great job with no degree in library service.  However, if we
say such a degree is not necessary I believe it will be only a short time
before it is not possible to attend a library school.  Without degree
programs I think the role of libraries will be diminished.  If we don't
have a place in academia we lose all around.