From:
"Mohney, Melanie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mohney, Melanie
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2013 13:12:01 +0000
Hi Andrea:

Your patron might be referring to Legacy of a Lifetime; The Story of Baxter State Park by Dr. John W. Hakola, published in 1981. The first chapter is devoted to 19th century background.  Dr. Rogers' own account, "My First Trip to Katahdin,"  appeared in the May 1960, issue of Down East and John Neff's Kathahdin; An Historic Journey describes early exploration, including a small section about Rogers, titled " Young Adventurers."

MSL would be glad to loan the titles or provide a copy of the Rogers article.  If these suggestions are not useful, please let me know and I will continue to look.

Melanie

Melanie Hardy Mohney

Reference Services

Maine State Library