From:
Jenny Melvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Melvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:13:55 -0500
Dear Public Librarians,

I would like to send a huge thanks to the 33 Public Libraries who have
submitted their annual report. For all others please be sure to login
using your username and password and print off the data definitions and
a working copy of your report under the instructions tab. If you have
forgotten your login information please contact me or your District
Consultant. Reading and understanding the definitions ensures
comparability of data from different libraries and different states.
Don't hesitate to call if you have questions about the definitions.
Please remember to review all prefilled fields and make any necessary
changes.

A direct link to the website for completing the Annual Report using
Bibliostat Collect is http://collect.btol.com/

Details and a guide to completing the Annual Report Survey using
Bibliostat Collect can be found on the Maine State Library website at

http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/index.shtml

The Maine Library Commission Rule Regarding Responsibilities of Public
Libraries http://www.maine.gov/msl/about/commission/rule.htm stipulates
that public libraries must submit an annual report to the Maine State
Library every year. Services that could be suspended to non-compliant
libraries include: MSLN, SCOOP cooperative purchasing, Consultant
services and Grants. Completion of an annual report is also a
stipulation when applying for a Rudman Grant.

Unlike previous years, Maine State Library staff will not make reminder
phone calls. It is the sole responsibility of each library to ensure
that the annual report has been successfully and completely submitted.
This also applies to any follow-up information that is needed from the
State Data Coordinator on behalf of the Maine State Library, the
Institute of Museum and Library Services or the Census Bureau. If you
fail to submit the report on or before April 1, 2013, or you do not
cooperate with attempts to obtain follow-up information, you will be
considered non-compliant and will be subject to suspended services as
outlined in the above paragraph.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the NMLD office or your own
district office if you need assistance. Keep in mind that I am available
to come to your library and assist you with the annual report process.
Just give me call!

Jenny Melvin - State Data Coordinator

Northeastern Maine Library District

207-947-8336 ext. 116