From:
Sonya Durney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sonya Durney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 12:20:03 -0500
Happy Friday MELIB-ers!

I want to share our Money Smart Week plan for PPL (actually we are
concentrating the programming into a Money Smart day!), in hopes of
encouraging others to sign up!
The two workshop sessions described below will be available via the VCU
units, for anyone with the technology. Further, KeyBank and CA$H have both
offered to try to work with any libraries if you wish to duplicate these
efforts at your own library. Other banks have stepped forward to offer
their services also, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you would
like any suggestions on possible community partners or if you would like to
sign up for one of our programs via VCU.

Here is the outline of our day:

*Credit Report Day,* Friday, April 26 10am- 3pm, Lower Level Meeting Rooms
#2, #3 and #4

When was the last time you looked at your credit report? Your credit
history (bill payments, credit card and loan debt) can impact your ability
to make future purchases, qualify for employment, utilities and housing.
Join us to review your free credit report and discover strategies to build
good credit. Once you have your credit report, learn how you can multiply
your savings with a Maine Family Development Account. Call 207-871-1700,
ext. 725 to make your appointment. Walk-ins welcome upon availability.

While youíre here, drop in on an informative *Money Smart* workshop:

*To Your Credit*, Friday April 26 12pm-1pm, Lower Level Meeting Room #4

∑         Understand Your credit report

∑         Order and read your credit report

∑         Tips to improve your credit score

∑         Recognize credit repair scams

*Charge It Right* Friday April 26 3pm-4pm, Lower Level Meeting Room #4

∑         Understand credit card basics

∑         Know the costs of using a credit card

∑         Describe how to use credit cards responsibly

∑         Recognize why itís important to pay more than the minimum payment

*Credit Smart for Teens* 3pm-3:30pm, Teen Lounge

∑         Know basic credit card terms and definitions

∑         Understand your credit rating and how it affects your interest
rate

∑         How to maintain good credit

∑         The basics of a spending plan

*Gaming with Benjamins *3:30pm - 5pm Teen Lounge

Teens - after the Credit Smart workshop, why not hang around and prove your
money smarts? Stay and enjoy games and snacks.

Thanks,
Sonya

*Sonya Durney
*Leader, Business and Government Team