From:
"Sally J. Bannen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally J. Bannen
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:58:39 +0000
At our library, we have multiple methods of getting the word out and we've heard from patrons who rely on each one:
1) As items are cataloged, they are added to an online monthly list of new items... it is generated as the month progresses, not simply at the end of the month (and has the bib url attached to each item so patrons can click right on the record).
2) If they are books, we add a handful of covers to a book widget (thank you, Jake Paris!) that is on our library homepage
3) We add a posting on our Facebook page
4) We also have links on our website and catalog to a years-worth of the online monthly lists of new items
5) At the end of each month, we print the latest list and keep several months' copies at the circulation desk

Hope this helps. Will be interested to see what other libraries do.
-Sally

Sally Bannen
Adult Services/Cataloging Librarian
Windham Public Library