From:
Kate Cutko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:39:54 -0400
While you are planning your ARPA spending, don't forget StoryWalks- a
safe and fun way to get families outdoors and reading.  Bowdoinham has
managed to display 8 different Story Walks over the past few years-
even featuring a winter story along a snowy trail during our Ice &
Smelt Festival! We have partnered with a local landtrust to promote a
new trail in town. We love the quality of the laminated stories from
Islandport Press in Yarmouth.  We used simple wooden stakes that have
industrial strngth clips screwed to them. The stakes are reusable and
so are the Story Walk pages, so we share with local elementary schools
in the area when we are done. I asked Islandport to share the details
with you all and here is what they sent me.

"Islandport Press offers select titles as story walks! Perfect for
Covid safe storytimes, each story walk is made up of 16 spreads ready
to be mounted onto posts, display cases or walls. Story walks are
available unlimited, or laminated with a thick laminate for
durability. Unlaminated story walks are $65.00 plus shipping,
laminated story walks are $150.00 plus shipping. Each story walk is
printed on demand and the turnaround time is currently about 7 days.
Islandport Press can provide quotes, accept purchase orders and issue
invoices. For more information visit Islandportpress.com/story-walk or
email or call Shannon Butler at [log in to unmask],
207-846-3344.

Available story walk titles are:
The Iciest, Diciest, Scariest Sled Ride Ever by Rebecca Rule and
Jennifer Thermes
Chowder Rules! by Anna Crowley Redding and Vita Lane
Hold This! by Carolyn Scoppettone and priscilla Alpaugh
At One In A Place Called Maine by Lynn Plourde and Leslie Mansman
My Cat Coon Cat by Sandy Ferguson Fuller and Jeannie Brett
Halfway Wild by Laura Freudig and Kevin Barry
I Am Birch by Scott Kelley
There Are No Moose On This Island by Stephanie Calmenson and Jennifer Thermes
When the Sky is Like Lace by Elinor Horwitz and Barbara Cooney"

Kate Cutko
Library Director
Bowdoinham Public Library
www.bowdoinhamlibrary.org