From:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:01:07 -0500
New, just published, but probably not going to be that popular in
Hartland. Received as part of a consulting deal.

A Womb with a View: America's Growing Public Interest in Pregnancy
[Hardcover]
Laura Tropp Ph.D. (Author)

9781440828096

In the 21st century, pregnancy is more than a biological event—it's a
cultural phenomenon. A Womb with a View: America's Growing Public
Interest in Pregnancy addresses how media influence and changes in
society have exposed and commoditized pregnancy like never before, while
technology has enabled us to share, record, and preserve all aspects of
the pregnancy experience.

Each chapter of the book focuses on an aspect of the pregnancy
experience, including efforts to peer in and bond with the fetus, the
various ways of obtaining advice, the evolving role of expectant
fathers, how pregnancy is depicted and treated in popular culture, and
branding and marketing to pregnant couples. Interviews with those
marketing products and services to pregnant women reveal how pregnancy
is now "big business," while real-life stories from pregnant women and
images from television and film serve to illustrate our culture's
fascination with pregnancy.

Regards,
John Clark-Hartland Public Library

--
Check out my eBook The Wizard of Simonton Pond,
http://www.ebookdiscovery.com/JohnClark.html