Sender:
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 2015 12:55:59 -0400
7bit
From:
Kathleen Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Hi everyone,

We welcomed Hancock Lumber President Kevin Hancock here two nights ago to
talk about his recently published book, Not For Sale : Finding Center in the
Land of Crazy Horse. He is eager for the opportunity to speak at other
libraries about his book, and I highly recommend him as a speaker.

The book is a memoir about his experiences visiting the Pine Ridge Indian
reservation in South Dakota at a vulnerable period in his life, when he was
diagnosed with a rare neurological voice disorder (spasmodic dysphonia) and
feeling the need for a change in how he approached his roles in both his
personal and professional lives. I must admit, I approached the book with a
great deal of skepticism, and was quite unexpectedly moved by what he had to
say. We had a small but appreciative audience, almost all of whom wound up
buying the book, and there was an engagement and depth to the questions that
I have rarely seen at a library program.

You can learn more about the book and Kevin here:

http://kevindhancock.com/

He may be contacted directly at:

And please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Kathleen

Kathleen Kramer

Director, Harrison Village Library