ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:34:46 -0400
> Too bad, too, because Norts knows the game -- but his son also tried to
play
> there and that enters the photo, also.  Norts was a Cat fan before his son
> went there, BTW.  Now, if he could tone down his pro-Cat rhetoric and take
> some voice lessons, he would really be good!  (I know the guy and can rag
on
> him if I want to! :-)

Nonni, I agree completely.  I actually enjoyed Bob when he and Bob Kurtz
used to do the NESN games.  I've heard him a few times on ECAC broadcasts
and of course when he does the tournament.

He's great when he's not covering UNH.  He can only hide his bias so much.
He does try I think, be he is also very excitable.

Another interesting story I heard during the Michigan/Minnesota game...
apparently late in the UNH a Wildcat player (Saviano?) lost an edge and
needed it repaired.  The guy who fixed it was the son of the replay official
for the Michigan/Minnesota game.... who I hope will be given Saturday off.

-dt