MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wood, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wood, Ellen
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:43:59 +0000
Thanks to all the libraries who are participating in Snapshot  this week.   The data from Snapshot day is "critical information for advocacy at the local, regional, state and federal level." (Linda Lord)

We need your data, quotes, and photos.

CHANGE to make it easier!  - If adults give you permission for your library and the State Library to use photos or quotes on the web and print, that will be enough this year although we are more comfortable with written permission. No names are tied to specific photos when used.

We MUST have  parental or guardian permission for those under 18.

Photos? Think of those photos that tell the story of 21st century libraries and how they make a difference in meeting the needs of YOUR community.

1.       opportunities in virtual space - eBooks, interlibrary loan/van delivery, Wi-Fi, internet access to complete job forms

2.       strong community anchors that enhance civic engagement, cultural opportunities and economic vitality

3.       places for people of all ages to create and produce content themselves

4.       digital literacy and training - using social media

Encourage patrons to add longer library stories at http://www.maine.gov/msl/share.htm. Stories and quotes are critical for the Snapshot booklet.

Data Survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SnapshotMaine2012
All data is due by Saturday October 27 at 5 pm BUT...
If you need more time, please email me ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Stephanie Zurinski([log in to unmask]). Due to multiple projects at this time, we'd like to start to compile as soon as possible.
Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> photos -highest resolution since we need the high resolution for the Snapshot print booklet.

Data collection form, photo permissions, etc.
http://www.maine.gov/msl/snapshot/prep/guide.htm

Join other participants:
http://www.maine.gov/msl/snapshot/participants.shtml
Sign up: http://www.maine.gov/msl/snapshot/prep/participate.htm