ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:05:32 EDT
When we first envisioned the web page, Alumni data was part of it.  Bob
Thomas has not yet done that, partly because it was difficult enough just to
get what is there done!  Not only did it require a lot of persuasion to get
the U to allow us to create that page, Bob had to learn the program to create
it.  Then he has recently switched to a different program which he prefers,
necessitating learning one more time.  This is all in addition to his regular
job, plus duties with other FMH projects.  Perhaps now he can begin to
develop some of the other things we spoke of when starting, including the
Alumni page, and maybe some neat (albeit quick loading!) graphics like Monty
Rand had when he was helping at the first.  Bob will probably be helped by
Nonni Daly, who finally broke down and agreed to do Alumni contact for Coach
Walsh.  (Personally, I think she was just waiting for me to leave!;-)  For
those who do not know Nonni, she has been a valued volunteer for UMaine
Athletics for many years, and created much of the structure of the FMH - a
very organized person!  I imagine we will be able to read about many of the
"old" guys!  (Like Wensley, who last showed up at an Alumni Weekend as wild
as ever - riding a Harley!)  I also expect she will be able to fill in the
few blanks we have never been able to trace.

GO MAINE!

Cathy Hart