ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:10:49 -0400
Outstanding research work on this interesting topic.

Any day for me would be complete hearing Gary Thorne announce the scoring
for a San Diego goal including Niko's name...Go Sharks !!

Dan

Jacob Metzler wrote:

>In finding out who Prestin was playing against, it got me thinking to see
who else was still playing in the AHL playoffs.  Here's what I found.

>Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Martin Kariya and Ben Guite) were eliminated by
Wilkes-Barre

>Hartford WolfPack (Cory Larose and Lucas Lawson) lead Portland Pirates 3
games to 1

>Portland earlier eliminated Providence (Brendan Walsh, Peter Metcalf, and
Robert Liscak)

>Worcester Ice Cats (Scott Pellerin) beat Manchester and will play Hartford
or Portland.

>Houston Aeros (Micheal Schutte) lost to Cincinnatti in the opening round.
>
>Syracuse (Prestin Ryan) leads Rochester Americans (Doug Janik and Dave
Cullen) 3 games to 2.

>Also in the category of "I'd never have believed it if you told me in June..."
>Niko Dimitrakos would be averaging a point per game in the playoffs and
Paul Kariya would have 0!!!!!