ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Alan Surette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:35:12 -0500
I am a Black Bear fan in the hockey hotbed of Atlanta Ga. :-)   I have
relatives in Maine and visit Rangeley at least once a year.  One afternoon
I took a sick day and curled up on the couch, flipped thru the channels and
found the Bears on the way to beating Boston to go to the NCAA finals, on
their way to the championship.  I was hooked.   I still keep up with the
careers of Kariya, Snow etc.   For a short time our minor league team  (RIP
Knights!!!)  had the Ferraro brothers together on one of their lines.
(They did not shine in the IHL like they do in the  HE or AHL!!!  Why?)  I
have been a fan ever since.  I Even own the video that rehashes the
championship season.

Please keep the game reports coming,  especially the opinions and feelings
that you get from Bear fans and not from the media.  The internet is the
only source of college hockey here in neverland.

Thanks.