ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:27:06 -0500
Allow me to chime in --

I don't think the bundling of tickets is necessarily a bad idea, especially
if it generates more revenue for the athletic program.  I'd rather see that
than have funding levels reduced (or teams eliminated).

The Athletic Department will receive the revenue from hockey tickets which
may have previously gone unsold (There were a number of empty seats at most
of the Alfond games I attended last year).  I also think that increasing
attendance at men's and women's hoops games will also increase the quality
of the programs; which will eventually increase the revenue to the Athletic
Department.  A trip to the Round of 65 for a hoops team could generate more
revenue for a school than a National Championship in hockey.  This would
take some of the burden off of the hockey team.

-------
Lindsay A. Huntoon
Let's Go Maine Black Bears