ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:55:50 -0800
--- Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> But what really bugs me is HockeyEast.  Just as the Commissioner Joe
> is
> telling everyone how the rules are now being called (see his recent
> USCHO.com article at
> http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/01/24_009725.php),
> we see another old-school call of the weekend by Jeff Bunyan.  Very
> depressing.  Obviously, college hockey hasn't bought into the new
> NCAA
> directives to CALL THE RULES and probably won't until we get a new
> generation of referees, if then.

A lurker on the list who was at the game asked me to pose this
question:

What is the review process that Hockey East officials must go through
in order to be recertified (sorry if wrong term) by the league?

What recourse, if any, does a team have after a game like Saturday
where a call carrying an automatic suspension is given wrongly?