ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:10:14 -0500
Deron Treadwell wrote, in part:

>All this leads into a must-win game on Sunday against Quinnipiac.

With all due respect, Sunday's Quinnipiac game is the least important
game UMaine will play for the remainder of this season!  It doesn't
matter to PWR. It doesn't matter for HEA tournament positioning. It just
doesn't matter wrt post-season goals, except for personal and team pride
... and maybe as a help in expecting to win and doing what the the
coaching staff wants.

Quinnipiac isn't having as good a season as Maine.  After a good start,
they are 6-8-3. They've scored 2.5 and given up 3 goals per game in a
schedule where most teams haven't measured up to those on Maine's
schedule. QC is lead by their seniors, but has freshmen playing well,
also.  No one  player stats stand out to this reporter, but I will
mention senior forward Chris White, if only because he shares his name
with our  UMaine Band Director, Chris White. ;-)

See you at the game ... or hope you can catch it on NESN ...

cheers, wayne