ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:42:46 -0500
I recently wrote that Maine might only be able to lose 2-3 games in order
to realistically have a shot at an at-large berth to the NCAA Tournament.
While we are still waiting for the Pairwise Rankings to debut (as of
Monday night), but if they are anything like the below there is much work
to do.

As many of you know, there are 16 teams that make the tournament, several
through automatic qualifiers including at least 2-3 teams who will not be
in the "top 16" so-to-speak, and that doesn't include possible upsets in
the conference tournaments.

Assuming that Maine is in this mid-teen range in the PWR, they will
certainly need to win some big games with 2 vs. BU, 2 vs. BC, 2 vs. UNH
and 2 vs. UMass all still to come on the schedule.  While the tough
schedule could be an advantage IF we win these games, since there is no
room to stumble significantly this will be a tall task.

-Deron