ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:06:03 -0500
Some of you may recall discussions on whether/how the NCAA would treat
banners and ice logos at the FleetCenter in Boston last April.  Kudos to
anyone that actually *can* remember!   ;-)

NCAA management has since decided ...

If the hosting venue is holding a National Hockey League playoff game
within the week of the NCAA Championship and the professional team's
logo cannot be removed from center ice without compromising the quality
of the playing surface, the center ice professional team logo can remain
on the ice but will be covered with NCAA marks in the television
broadcast through virtual technology.  The host institution/venue would
bear the cost of such virtual technology

At the same meeting, all six men's conferences were granted an automatic
qualifier to the 2005 NCAA D-I tournament. ECAC, HEA and WCHA were
granted an automatic qualifier to the 2005 D-I Women's tournament.

Finally, at the same meeting, the following was approved ...

    the semifinals and final of the championship be conducted Friday and
Sunday prior to regional competition of the NCAA Division I Men's Ice
Hockey Championship, effective with the 2007 championship.

I'll note that its *not* the Friday and Sunday of the Frozen Four, but
*prior* to the men's *regional* tournament.

Happy New Year!
wayne

P.S. 3 of the 4 Everglades Classic games are on CSTV Tuesday and
Wednesday (28/29 Dec 2004).