ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:40:17 -0500
8:20ish (EDT) Thursday mornings at www.zoneradio.com

Today's Comments included:

-The players really liked the third jersey's; You can expect to see them about once a month; NIKE came to them and pitched the idea....

-On the fast start: Whitehead says, "Everyone asks, 'are you worried about starting so fast', he responds "no way we'll take anything we can get now"
        -Also felt it was important this year to have a good start to show new guys that they can play with anyone in the country.

-BC has elite talent but at the same time are a beatable team if they don't work as hard as they can.

-He's excited about CSTV coming to life and the ability for people to watch games over the internet (parents etc.) (Side note: think about that as a possible recruiting tool, "not only is there a good chance we'll be on stations you can pick up with
a dish, but most home games are on the internet")

-He thinks Conte is boring and thinks they could do so much better there.
-Total opposite is the Whitt where he is really looking forward to another great UNH-Maine battle

-Jake