ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:15:16 -0500
Paul Kariya came to town tonight and made me remember why I love hockey.
He scored two goals (set up by Teemu Selanne), assisted on Selanne's two
goals, and skated circles around the entire Bruins team in a 4-2 Ducks
victory.  Kariya was also the subject of the second period Dunkin Donuts
quiz (Where did he attend school).  He is just such a joy to watch.  There
were about five or six obvious Maine fans in our section and the one to our
left.  We all let out a big cheer whenever Paul made a nice play.  I don't
think the person sitting next to me was too happy, but such is life.  It's
not like I booed the Bruins (although they deserved it).

Let's hope the current Black Bears can suck it up and beat UNH.  Dan and I
have scored tickets to Sunday's game (though a co-worker); however, we're
sitting in with UNH season ticket holders.  I can't wait for this one,
although I've been having thoughts that Dan and I may be putting a curse on
this team.  It seems that every game we attend they either tie (Merrimack)
or lose (Northeastern x 2, BC, UNH).

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Maine Black Bears
Providence or Bust in 2000