ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 22:59:21 -0400
Boy is it great to see hockey scores and some intelligent hockey
discussion.  The summer drought is over, and now it's time for some REAL
sports action.

How was the crowd noise tonight; As a former trombone player from Rutgers
(which I'm still hoping some day will acquire a real hockey team), I hope
that the band was LOUD and helped the crowd rock the Alfond to its rafters.
That's one of the things that I've always loved about college sports --
the roar of the crowd; the cheerleaders; the silly cheers; and blasting the
school fight song as the team is clinging to a lead or trying to launch a
comeback.

Rest assured that when the team is down in the Boston area, Dan and I will
try to encourage those Black Bear fans in attendance to drown out the other
team.  We just purchased our plane tickets for Anaheim and expect to see
Shawn Walsh behind the bench instead of in our section.

Go Blue!!

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Black Bears
Anaheim or Bust in 1999!!!!

*  Let's hope that Harry Sinden has enough  *
*  sense to keep Peter Ferraro with the     *
*  Bruins, instead of on the Providence     *
*  shuttle                                  *