ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:04:29 -0400
This made my evening --

Tonight members from the police department from the City of Peabody and
current/former Bruins' players played a charity softball game to benefit
the Jimmy Fund.  The starting centerfielder was none other than former
Bruins and Black Bear defenseman Bob Beers.  He had a nice base hit, and
made a couple of great catches in the field.

Between innings, the players signed autographs.  I was lucky enough to get
Beers' autograph.  While he was signing my picture (all I had was a picture
of the old Boston Garden being torn down), I mentioned to him that the only
thing I was more passionate about than the Bruins were the University of
Maine Black Bears.  This yielded a big smile and a sincere thank you.  I
also told him to ask Harry Sinden to give Peter Ferraro a chance!!

Call me crazy, but getting his autograph was more exciting that getting Ray
Bourque's.

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Black Bears
Anaheim or Bust in 1999!!!!