ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Crystal Priest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:30:42 -0400
         I am very pleased to announce the appointment of Gary Lanoie as
the first Executive Director of the Association of Computer Technology
Educators of Maine (ACTEM) effective July 1, 2012.  Gary's experience in
education and as a longtime active member of ACTEM will be great assets in
his new position. I am positive that ACTEM will continue to flourish and
grow with Gary's guidance and leadership.

        Gary is completing his 38th year with the Cape Elizabeth School
Department, starting his career as a middle school Industrial
Arts/Technology teacher in 1974. In 1989 he moved to Cape Elizabeth High
School and became chairman of the Technology Department. He has served as
the district Technology Director in Cape since 1997.

        In early March 2012 Gary engineered an iPad rollout for 450 Cape
9th-11th graders, a project he conceived and successfully found partial
alternative funding for through a local education foundation.

        Cape Elizabeth Superintendent of Schools Meredith Nadeau aptly
summarized why Cape Elizabeth will miss Gary in her recommendation. "Gary
is perhaps the finest example of what a school system would want in a
technology educator as he brings the rare blend of technological expertise
and true understanding of education," she wrote.

        Besides serving as ACTEM's third president from 2002-2006, Gary is
also a past president of both the Maine Association for Industrial
Education (MAIE) and the New England Association of Technology Teachers
(NEATT).

        Active in ACTEM for over a decade, Gary will work with a new Board
of Directors elected in mid-May and led by incoming President Michael
Richards, Technology Director for Wells-Ogunquit Consolidated School
District. "It is an exciting time as ACTEM moves forward with our first
Executive Director. Gary's knowledge and leadership will prove valuable as
ACTEM moves forward in achieving its' mission," Michael stated.

        Gary plans to eventually work out of an office in the Gorham area
and will team with ACTEM Business Manager Craig Dickinson until Craig
retires on November 1, 2012. Craig has operated the ACTEM Office since
January 2006 in Wells. "Having worked with Gary as he chaired the past
seven MAINEducation Conference Committees, I have continuously witnessed
Gary's leadership skills, strong work ethic, and creativity," Craig said.
"He has been a key player in the history of ACTEM, and undoubtedly will
move the association forward into a new era."

Crystal

Crystal Priest

ACTEM President

District Technology Coordinator
SAD #4
25 Campus Drive
Guilford, Me 04443
207-876-4636 (office)
207-343-0712 (cell)
cpriest0@aim (chat)

Apple Distinguished Educator, class of 2011