ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:56:47 -0500
I am not as well versed on recruiting as most of you.  What I can do is
share with you an experience of mine in looking at prospective players.
I have been working in North Vancouver for 19 months (just finished) and
gone to a few local games at the post High school/prospective college
level of play.  From talking to parents there, and reading local papers,
I can say that those kids want to play in the states - for exposure.
But when it comes to them being approached by a school, they also look
for development in the process.  We at MAINE have lost the -1- / -2-
punch, and I am sure you know what I am saying without filling in the
blanks.
We can look at prospects, but they also look at us for development.

R/ZERB