ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:51:31 -0800
I totally didn't see this until just now... guess I missed out on the
opportunity to watch on Saturday!  (and to think.. we actually scored 5
goals!!!!)

---
Dec. 9, 2005

The University of Maine Athletic Department announced today that FOX23
WPFO-TV will carry six men's hockey games for the 2005-2006 season
beginning with the Maine versus Northeastern game this Saturday at 7:00
pm. With the addition of FOX23 WPFO-TV to the Black Bear Television
Network, a majority of fans in central and southern Maine will now have
access to Black Bear hockey games on television.

"This commitment by FOX23 WPFO-TV to air all remaining, Saturday men's
hockey games shows significant progress on growing our television
network," said Blake James, Interim Director of Athletics at The
University of Maine. "We are proud to partner with Dirk Brinkerhoff's
staff, as there are over 20,000 Maine alumni in this priority coverage
area."

" FOX23 WPFO-TV is very excited to have the opportunity to partner with
the University of Maine in this endeavor," stated General Manager, Dirk
Brinkerhoff. "We believe the University of Maine continues to
demonstrate a deep commitment to developing a successful and
nationally-recognized hockey program.We are proud to be able to
broadcast Maine Hockey to the thousands of loyal fans, and become an
integral part of The University of Maine and Athletic Department's
mission to Paint the State Blue."

The Black Bear Television Network also consists of flagship station
Bangor CBS-Affiliate, WABI-TV and Hockey East broadcast partners
College Sports Television (CSTV) and the New England Sports Network
(NESN).

For more the most up-to-date information and FOX23 broadcast schedules,
please visit www.goblackbears.com or www.fox23me.com.