ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:28:24 -0500
I echo these remarks, in that I live in Winslow, work nights on a varied
schedule, can't make meetings and only very occasionally games. I also
join to make a donation and get the pin. I went to three annual banquets
in a row, when Chris Imes was there, and except for Chris, I was made to
feel like an outsider. Way outside. Not my social strata and I won't
fake it. So I quit doing that. I did get a large drawing of Chris at a
silent auction his senior year, which I gave to his parents in
Birchdale, Minnesota, who couldn't attend.
I am augmenting my Social Security with a part-time job as an L.L. Bean
customer service rep so, as much as I'd like to, I don't have the income
to attend games in Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Columbus or even Boston or
Providence. I think this will be my last year at FOMH and instead, will
donate to the Colby "C" Club. I am known there and can always find
someone I enjoy sitting with and they with me.
A couple of years ago, Betty got me a ticket to a UNH game, for which
I'll be ever grateful. It was Scott Borek's first year at UNH and Scott
has been a friend since his Colby days. I hadn't seen him for some time
and really appreciated the ticket and an opportunity to see Scott again.
Not feeling welcome at the banquets was a real disappointment for me as
my eight years at WABI-TV in the 1960's was a marvelous time and I
really enjoyed Bangor. That feeling has been tainted now and it's a real
disappointment.

Bob Woodbury