ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:54:36 -0500
Finances being what they are in the NC$$, if the Maine men's basketball team
defeats Vermont in Burlington on Saturday afternoon and earns a spot in the
hoops Round of 65, they will likely earn more money for the University in a
single appearance than Maine hockey will make unless they go all the way to
the Frozen final.

No doubt hoops would be slotted as a 16th seed, as Liberty who already
qualified has an RPI which is LOWER than that of Maine.  They may avoid the
play-in game, but don't take that to the bank either.

Maine vs. St. Joe's ???? hmmmmmm

I would be especially excited with a win for the Maine pep band members who
richly deserve a trip compliments of CBS and the NC$$ basketball corporate
"partners", with the chance for mucho face time on a hoops game broadcast.

Good luck on Saturday for all those concerned with UMaine athletics, and
let's hope that the Maine win posted just before that is a convincing
thrashing of Merrimack on the Alfond ice...(more on that later as I think of
it)