ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 06:52:11 -0800
> Future outlook, if this is not the year, look out.  This team is
> YOUNG and EXTREMELY talented.  If only Jackson could stay another
> year....I like his leadership style, just what we needed this year.

Jackson now has 18 goals on the year.  He is another player who has
stepped up (when called upon) and had a key senior season.

> Concerns: youth. Penalties.  I can't remember a Maine team that spent
> this much time in the box.  Not just Ryan either, though I think he's
> a huge "problem" in that department.  No need for that many.  I'm all
> for taking a good penalty, but waaaay too many dumb ones over the
> year.

Can't really complain too much about Prestin lately, he's not been so
bad (even though he's eclipsed 300 career penalty minutes).  Maine got
lucky last night, it is a rare even to hold a BC team to 0 for 6 on the
PP.  More often than note you will lose when you give BC 6 power plays.
 A couple of those came immediately off kills, which is always
deflating.

Solid game, I liked how hard Maine played and how the style of play was
very aggressive and showed no signs of being intimidated by the vaunted
Eagles.

-Deorn