ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Beth Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:17:33 -0500
Deron,

I couldn't agree more about this weekend being important for Maine.
While this won't change regular season standings or home ice advantage
or even a NCAA tourney invite, two wins against BC is a great way to
gain momentum and show that this team is ready for the post-season and
they are not to be counted out.  I have no doubt that the team has spent
the last week (and probably more like the last several weeks) mentally
preparing for this end of the season match-up and I for one can't wait
for Friday night's game to see them come out, full of fire, at the
Alfond and show BC that they are going to have a tough road to win
Hockey East or NCAA championships this season.  I think wins for Maine
also could deflate BC a little bit.  This isn't to say that they
wouldn't be ready for post-season action, but I think they can be cocky
at times and Maine beating BC could be enough to make them second-guess
a bit and a momentum shift would be a great way to enter post-season play.

Can't wait for this weekend!  Go BLUE!

Beth