ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Beth Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:14:30 -0500
These are just my thoughts on the weekend and they do vary a bit from
what other people have said.  I didn't think Maine was all that bad on
Friday night.  They had equally as many shots on goal each night and
there were plenty of quality shots on both nights.  Friday, Lowell was
fired up.  Their goalie was hot and the Lowell team had more quality
shots on goal than they did on Saturday.  Lowell basically went for
broke on Friday night.  They gave it every bit of energy they had to win
3-2, whereas Saturday night, they had nothing left.  They looked like
they weren't going to make it through three period of skating.  They
could barely getting anything across the blue line and very few of their
shots on goal were quality.  Their goalie wasn't hot at all and Maine
turned great shots into goals.  Could Maine have played better Friday
night - maybe yes, but did they play well enough to win - I think they
did.  I think sometimes you face a hot goalie and sometimes puck luck
just doesn't work in your favor.  I think Friday night was more about
that and less about a let down.

I'm glad that Jimmy got the shot out with a 4-0 win.  I hope this
finally puts an end to the debate about Jimmy being able to win games.
  He looked great out there Saturday night - he didn't have a lot of
tests, but a few good ones came in the third period and he handled them
perfectly!

Beth