ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:21:13 -0500
I have to agree we have all become somewhat spoilt regarding seeing
score/time graphics on TV games.  Luckily, you ARE seeing more Maine games
on the tube than ever before...

Ch. 5 at least is not missing the start of play each period as they did
their first broadcasts this year...

I lost the Friday night game on the radio driving along I-95 in Bowdoinham
just about when Maine scored their first goal to tie the game.  Fortunately
a Portland radio station carried the game that night (not always a
guarantee); it amazes me that no clearances have yet been established for
coverage of ALL Maine games on radio in southern Maine.

At least some station in the Sanford area (?) is no longer carrying Boston
University games every night in southern Maine (anyone remember that ?)

Bob Fitta can probably tell you the very thin shoestrings that Maine
broadcast media outlets generally run on...I can regale people in Lowell at
the Brewery Exchange/Lowell Brewing Co. (Cabot Street) this Saturday night
how some of us tended the station some nights at the offices of WBME-AM in
Belfast during Red Sox broadcasts in the mid-1970's....