ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:08:26 -0500
We took 3 out of 4 points this weekend to move into a tie for
second-place.  I think I heard a stat that said Maine had not won both
games at Northeastern in something ridiculous like 11 years.. that said,
to get a win and a tie has to be considered a successful weekend.

The only negative on the weekend is that BC swept UMass to pull 5 points
ahead of Maine.  We need to gain at least a point in the next two weeks to
have a shot at playing them for the regular season title in Orono on the
last weekend of the regular season.

Goaltending continues to be outstanding for Maine.  Even Dunham and Snow
were not this dominant in 1993, and they had a lot more offense to work
with.

This Maine team is young, but one you can really get behind.  If they find
any kind of offensive, they will not be fun to play against.

-Deron