ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:31:36 EST
>If UNH makes the tourney, they will have to play at Manchester, right, since
> they are the host team?  If true, playing behind BC and going to Albany suits
> me fine.

Yes, the host team, if in the NCAA tournament, always plays there.

I don't want to play BC, arguably one of the two most talented teams in
the nation, until the Frozen Four, even if it means Maine fans are shut
out of the regional in Manchester, or will have to go West.

Though it's way to early to tell much, we *know* UNH will play in Manchester.

Though it might make sense to send a #2 nationally BC to Albany, my
reading of NCAA selection history says BC will go to (the closer)
Manchester, with Maine &/| Massachusetts thus having a great shot at
Albany.

Finally, by far the most importand weekend series yet to play will be
Providence College at Maine in two weeks.  A PC NCAA tournament
selection or rejection will be all but determined by that weekends' pair
of games.

(The one after finally:) In case anyone missed it, the dollar signs in
the eyes of the NC$$ Tournament Committee mean the chances of any
Eastern team going West for an NCAA Regional is very small.  IMHO,
Eastern teams *will* *all* play in the two Eastern Regionals, probably
accompanied by a Western team or two.

cheers, wayne ("even the ushers are getting into it") ;-)
Old Town Landing