ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 07:56:02 -0800
8bit
From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
i agree that one of the REAL highlights is Simon's
improvement.  He has a lot of goals lately and he
really knows how to lug the puck up ice.  I suppose
that he was just never allowed to before, but it is
still nice to see that he can do it.
One of the things that makes his recent goal scoring
special is that he is doing it against quality league
opponents during the important part of the season.  At
the beginning of the year, WHitney for BC was scoring
up a storm, but it was against non-league opponents.
Other  players do the same, score like all americans
at the beginning of the season and then get cooled off
when other teams are keying on them, or just when team
scoring goes down.  The fact that Simon is scoring now
is even more impressive than if he had a couple
against Mercyhurst and RPI.