ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:21:06 -0800
8bit
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Yeah, I think we should just give up.  Maybe that is what my problem
is, I am struck odd by it because he actually still thinks that they
are going to the NCAA Tournament and have a shot to win it all (or is
it the line about winning two games at UNH)?  I don't know which is
more humorous.

Back to reality, I specifically said Shepheard didn't say anything bad.
 I said it struck me wrong.

SOME players are saying things about earning the respect back of the
fans and college hockey and talking about playing better and how it is
unacceptable to be where they are in Hockey East standings...
understanding (seemingly) that the time is NOW to figure it out.

That seems to sit better with me than the impression the quote gives
that there is a level of being content with the present due to #7 in
Pairwise, while ignoring sixth place in Hockey East and basically
playing terrible lately. (ie There is NOTHING to be content about.)

I'm surprised you don't agree with me, Jim, since the quote would lend
evidence to your theory that Whitehead coaches them to lose.

-Deron

http://media.www.mainecampus.com/media/storage/paper322/news/2007/02/01/MaineSports/Marquee.Match.With.Hated.cats.On.Tap-2691688.shtml?sourcedomain=www.mainecampus.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com