ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:20:37 -0500
7bit
Well this list has become way too quiet.  Many too many have jumped off
the bandwagon!

Thought it was worth noting that Ben Guite made his NHL debut with the
Bruins last night.  Ben played just 2 shifts in the 1st period but as
the game wore on, and the Bruins played perhaps their best game of the
year Ben got more and more ice time, and showed that he belonged on the
big club.  He managed to even get 3 shots on net killing penalties for
the B's and Coach Sullivan rewarded his efforts by putting him on the
ice in the last minute of the game to preserve Tim Thomas first shut
out.  Much like Mike Morrison, shows that perseverance pays off.

Speaking of Mike he is back in the nets in Edmonton and won another
shootout the other night for the Oilers.

His old buddy Niko had an assist last night for San Jose, and in case
you missed it Dustin Penner is back up with the Ducks!

By the way our University of Maine hockey team plays a team from
Durham, NH this weekend.  But by evidence of this board one would think
the season is over. To quote the immortal "Blutarski" from Animal House
"It's not over, til (the team) says it's over"

I hope this weekend will give us all something positive to talk
about!!!!!  And I'll be one of the may on hand to cheer on the Bears,
who we hope will gicve us 120 minutes of effort this weekend!

Bob Fitta '83