ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:31:37 -0500
Nonni,

Nice call on the suits and ties, I was wondering the same thing.  Does
the reporter assume that because they are hockey players they do not
own a suit and tie?  Or is he insinuating they did that to make
themselves look respectable?  We all know that this was an idiotic
thing to do, BUT we also know that the track record of most of these
kids thru the years has been very positive!!!  These young men are
always gracious when talking to fans, whether they know you or not and
conduct themselves very well.  This is a case of them acting out of
character rather than the reverse.

Let's just HOPE that this can begin to resolve their on ice woes!  I am
a person that does not believe in singling out players for their
performance.  WHich has made watching the last two games easy to
criticize, because for the first 40 minutes versus Providence and the
first 30 minutes versus Brown the collective effort has been abhorrent!
  This does not include the goalies, but aside from the Harvard game in
Cambridge last year I can not tell you the last time I was as
frustrated watching a Maine Hockey team play!

My advice, show tapes of the Denver games where we came out hitting
everything in sight and were aggressive blocking shots and on the
forecheck.  I hope that on Saturday you see a different team, I don't
even know if I can stand to listen to the game in New Hampshire, maybe
I'll go shopping to keep me away from breaking my computer if they come
out lethargic again!

Like everyone glad to have this latest chapter behind us, I hope the
team plays like they have had something lifted off their shoulders,
because we certainly know the Northeastern coaches have had this date
circled on their calendar from DAY ONE!!!

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising
Harvard Magazine