ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bruce Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:01:39 -0500
List: I was at the Reading Royals-Toledo Storm game on Saturday night.
Matt Yeats had his second start in the row after an 8 game unbeaten
streak.  Unfortunately his defense let him down several times in the 2nd
and third periods and Toledo scored with in close, one-on-one shots, with
the defense 'out to lunch'. Reading ended up losing 2-1. I saw Matt after
the game to give him a tape of Maine's 3-1 Friday night victory over UNH
to enjoy. His spirits were still good and he recognized that the defense
had let him down.  He said the Whittemore center at UNH was his favorite
place to play.
Todd Jackson was recently sent down to Toledo from the Grand Rapids AHL
team. He has been playing well for Toledo but the bus trips are killing
his sleep routines like all players.  Unfortunately, he had suffered a
back spasm the night before in Trenton, and did not play against Reading.
Before Matt showed up we had a good conversation about the ECHL and Maine
hockey.  Todd said he is working on writing a screen play while on these
roadtrips. I asked him if the world was ready for another 'Slapshot'
movie, and he had a good laugh! When Matt joined us, they conversed about
the ECHL before Todd had to get on the bus.
I hope to have them both out to lunch or dinner the next time Todd is in
town. No NCAA rules to worry about now!
Other ECHL alumni news: Mike ('Shooter')Schutte was just traded fromt the
Dayton Bombers to Trenton Titans last week.
Bruce Hale