ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:35:31 EST
Hey, Kevin!

Never.  He was "bloodied" by his own player, as the game tape recorded one of
them pulling Jack back from attacking OUR crowd and as he pulled his Coach
back onto the bench accidently (?) hitting Coach Parker's face with his stick.
I can't believe OUR Coach waould not still have that game tape hanging around
somewhere!

Coach Parker has done many things in this rink, most of them falling into my
category of grandstanding.  HOWEVER, every time he complains about ANYTHING
that the University of Maine has any control over, no matter how absurd his
complaint, they take it seriously, and change things ( like the height of the
glass behind that bench, referee teams, and more guards downstairs) to make
sure he is acommodated.  Not so for our Coach earlier this season at which
rink was it?  UMassAmherst?  (I can't remember!  Somebody help me!)  Anyway,
it's all part of the Coach Parker show as far as I'm concerned.

Incidentally, his daughter denies attacking a UMaine student in our rink for
toting a ParkerBuster sign the night after his infamous water bottle throwing
game.  She was identified to me by a BU fan I happened to be talking to, but
she denied it earlier this season during our little "conversation".

I just want to know why he never acknowledged the box of goodies I sent after
the '93 title, including a lot of Maine Hockey memoribilia (the mug from that
year has sold for over $50 in the Anaheim area), a UMaine Water Bottle and a
FMH membership application, with a note to back a winner next time.  He was
reported to be loudly proclaiming to anyone in Milwaukee who would listen that
Maine would be easily beaten in the final game.  HAH!

Enjoy the show, folks!

Cathy Hart