ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:38:26 -0500
>Regarding
>
>What are some of the instances that people remember that started this
>rilvary?  It would be cool if we could (as a list) put together some
>chronology of events.

ON THE ICE

I can think of two heartbreaking overtime goals, One by Shawn McEchern (sp)
in the Hockey East Finals (90-91), the other circa 92-93 by Mike
Prendergast I believe to ruin our perfect season, although the season did
prove to be perfect.

OFF THE ICE

To many verbal battles to mention

However this series has produced some of the most memorable games,
including the two HE finals tilts and a fabulous 0-0 tie at BU.  Also if
I'm not mistaken in either 81 or 82 when I was a student Maine staged a
comeback of Herculean proportions to either win 7-6 or tie BU.  I'll have
to check the media guide when I get home.

Bob Fitta
Advertising Account Manager
Harvard Magazine
http://www.harvard-magazine.com