ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 23:16:08 -0500
Dan and I watched tonight's game on Fox Sports New England.  We could feel
the electricity inside the Alfond as far away as Peabody.  It really seemed
like the place was rocking; and I was sitting on the edge of my seat for
most of the game.

Fox did a great job of covering the game; they interviewed some of the fans
(including one guy who comes down for every game from Presque Isle), and
showed quite a few crowd shots.  One of their reporters was even inside of
Stephen King's box.  The announcers were intriqued with the "Naked Five",
and even gave them their award for "Rabid Fan(s) of the Game".  They
interviewed Kariya during one of the intermissions, and Kerluke after the
game -- both of whom praised the crowd and said it really got them into the
game.  They even had a mike on Coach Walsh for part of the game (not live
though).

Saw the "Krog for Hobey Baker Award" commercial -  pretty sickening.

Although Dan and I don't usually hand out "Stein Awards" for games we don't
attend, we'd like to give a special Stein Award to the fan in the balcony
who was holding up a "No Trespassing" sign.  Now that was funny.

I'm counting the days until Saturday when we finally get to see a game from
INSIDE the Alfond.  I'm already warming up my vocal cords.

Until then....  M-A-I-N-E.....GOOOOOOOOO BLUUUUUUUE!!!!!!!!

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Black Bears
Anaheim or Bust in 1999!!!!