ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:13:30 -0800
I am always confused about full scholarships, I have
NEVER heard anyone mention that anyone was on a
paritial scholarship.  I know that the team only gets
about 18 full scholarships to offer and can split them
up however it likes, so that means that 1/3 of  the
boys are on full scholarships and the rest are on half
scholarships (maybe).

I cannot imagine that both Snow and Dunham were not on
Full sholarships though.  Ditto Doyle and Howard (but
I do not know)

I have heard a funny story about a player whose family
was very wealthy but whose father really wanted to be
able to brag about his son being on a hockey
shcolarhip to the U of M.  SO he made a deal with
Shawn to give the boy something like a $10 sholarship
and the rest was paid in cash.  (He did play in the
NHL, so it would have been a reasonable person to
choose for a full ride.) (and I am leaving details out
intentionally).

That said.
I do not see a reason why the team cannot carry two
goalies on full scholarship, but as I was saying, I do
not see a place for Ben to go just yet.
--- Spiros Polemis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I was asking because the article on Darling mentioned
afull scholarship.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs