ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Crystal Priest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:53:37 -0500
Hi,

We are trying to schedule an ACTEM Sponsored Google Apps PD day and are
wondering about available dates.  The session description is below.

If you are interested in this session, please provide feedback on your
preferred date at this link.  http://www.doodle.com/mihbdew9zda72btz  Once
we have a date and location, we will do a formal registration.

Thanks,

Crystal

Google Apps for the school community

This session is for people that want to see how one district has put
Google Apps for Education in to practice as a platform for communication
and collaboration.  We'll discuss implementation, adoption, and how it is
transforming our work. Time will be given to practice and use the tools.

Areas to be covered:

Google Sites - Google Sites is the glue that holds everything together.
It's an easy way to make information accessible to people who need quick,
up-to-date access. Teachers and Students can work together on a Site to
add file attachments, information from other Google applications (like
Google Docs, Google Calendar, YouTube and Picasa), and content from other
websites.

Google Docs - One tool encompasses word processing, spreadsheets,
presentations, forms, and drawings, Google Docs provides an integrated way
for administrators, teachers and students to work together in real time on
projects, reports, and more, and to collect and share information in a
secure online environment.

GMail - Used for communicating with individuals and groups as well as
sharing in other Google tools.

Google Calendar - Organizing school schedules shouldn't be a burden.
Schools can keep track of and share important events all in one place.