JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:32:41 -0400
From:
Andrea Nurse <[log in to unmask]>
Hello JBS members, I’m writing to let you know of an event featuring the artwork of Kate Furbish here at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay on Saturday, September 24th at 3:00 p.m.  Sadly, Ada Graham is having some health issues so she and Frank will not be able to be with us, after all.  (They’ll be with us in spirit, I know!)  In the meantime, I’m in touch with another Furbish scholar, Nancy Wetzel, about possibly standing in for Ada and Frank, who will be greatly missed at this event.  It would be so great to see the members of the botanical society that Kate Furbish helped to found here to help celebrate her life and work.  I hope to see many of you here on the 24th!  Please forward this message along to anyone who was not at the summer meeting, since I only have email addresses for those of you who were there.  Thank you! If you’d like to read about the details of this event, please follow this link to our websitehttp://www.mainegardens.org/calendar/exhibit-auction-botanical-illustrations-of-kate-furbish-featuring-the-plants-of-coastal-maine-botanical-gardens-with-ada-graham-frank-graham-and-richard-lindemann To register for the event, which is free, please call 207-633-4333, Ext. 101. Fondly,Melissa Melissa Dow CullinaDirector of Education & Staff BotanistCoastal Maine Botanical GardensP.O. Box 234Boothbay, Maine 04537207.633.4333 ext. 104www.MaineGardens.org *Please note that my phone extension has reverted to 104. Thank you!