From:
Moller Edward N <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:24:42 -0400
BU plays UMass Lowell on Sat night, and the UML game notes list
Jean-Yves Roy as one of the linesmen.  Is that the same JYR who played
for Maine in the early 90's?  When did he start doing this?

How many other former players can we list who changed their stripes?  I
can think of two right off the top of my bald head.

*         Giles Threadgold - A member of BC's 1949 national champions
and one of the most reviled figures in BU history.  He actually told a
newspaper reporter how much he hated BU.  That got him banned from
reffing BU games.

*         John Melanson - A member of BU's 1978 national champions (and
a classmate of mine).  He started with ECAC and moved to Atlantic
Hockey.  Is he still working?

Edward N. Moller