JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:18:16 -0400
Here is an email interaction between myself and Tim Storbeck <*
[log in to unmask]*>  who tracked me down through a JBS web listing.
As you can see, he would like to hook up with someone for a fern outing (see
below).  If you have an interest, please email Tim directly.

Rick Speer

Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be in Maine the first three weeks of
August. Unfortunately, my wife has invited most of Philadelphia to join us!
So it looks like the only weekend I have available to do any botanizing will
be the 16th or 17th. I am most interested in seeing Ophioglossum,
Botrychium, and/or Cryptogramma. Judging from the UMaine online herbarium,
the most productive local areas may be around Buckfield, Sumner, and Paris.
Some collections are from the Jersey Bog, near East Buckfield. It sounds
interesting . . .any access to that?

My local phone is 998-5741. Thanks.

Tim Storbeck

From: "Rick Speer" <*[log in to unmask]*>

> Hi Tim,

> sorry, I meant to reply last night and the day got away from me. I'll get
back

> to you in more detail ASAP, but I wanted to let you know that JBS has no
more

> outings planned this summer. Let me know what dates you'll be in Poland,
Maine

> and maybe I can hook you up with someone for a fern outing.

> Rick Speer

> JBS Corresponding Secretary

> I have an interest in botany and wish to photograph some of the local
ferns

> while vacationing in Poland, Maine. I was looking at online records of the

> University of Maine herbarium (for Botrychium and Ophioglossum) and ran
across a

> reference to the Josselyn Botanical Society. A Google search of that

> organization turned up your email addresses. I am interested in knowing
about

> the

> organization, and whether you have any public activities, outings, forays,
etc.